Web resources for African languages
Posted by hausaonline on Friday, August 11, 2006
The main purpose of this site is to offer easy access to online materials that deal with African languages and linguistics. Particular emphasis is put on materials that contain descriptive/structural data, though not exclusively so. In short, this site collects links to other sites hosting free stuff, be they downloadable files (of any format), web-readable texts, searchable databases, or whatever. Links to commercial enterprises won’t be added, as a rule.
As promised, the site has a large number of links, including links to Hausa materials. These include:
- Dictionaries, word lists, etc.
- Learners’ materials, grammar introductions, etc.
- Pronunciation, phonetics, phonology, prosody
- Studies in grammar and lexicon
- General, miscellaneous, unsorted
This website should be added to your bookmarks immediately.